Servings: 6 Prep 15 mins Cook 6 mins Slow Cook At least 6 hrs on HIGH or LOW for 8 hours
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 pounds pork shoulder for stew, cut into 2 x 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 large green pepper, cored and seeds removed, sliced
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom pieces, drained
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) reduced-sodium tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 pound egg noodles, cooked
1. Coat slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Season pork with salt and pepper and add to skillet. Saute 3 minutes per side.
3. Add pork to slow cooker and layer in onion, green pepper and mushrooms. In a small bowl, combine tomato sauce, brown sugar, vinegar and soy sauce. Pour over pork and vegetables.
4. Cover and cook on HIGH for 6 hours or LOW for 8 hours. Serve over cooked egg noodles.
Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 526, Fat, total (g): 16, chol. (mg): 157, sat. fat (g): 4, carb. (g): 53, fiber (g): 3, pro. (g): 38, sodium (mg): 602, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.