Article by Ruth Renate “Lady of Radiant Joy” Davidson
This is something that came to me while teaching a Reiki lesson to students that have also been to my Tarot classes. For me, this connection provides an enrichment between these two, beyond using Reiki to charge and clear my cards.
These are the Reiki Principles:
🌛 Just for today, I will not be blinded by anger.
🌛 Just for today, I will not be blinded by worry.
🌛 Just for today, I will feel grateful.
🌛 Just for today, I will do my work honestly.
🌛 Just for today, I will be kind to every living thing.
by Mikao Usui, I don’t know who translated it.
I added “be blinded by” and “feel”
The Tarot Elements are:
🌜 Fire – represented by wands
🌜 Water – represented by cups
🌜 Earth – represented by pentacles
🌜 Air – represented by swords
🌜 Spirit – represented by major arcana
And now we combine them.
Just for today:
🌕 I will not be blinded by anger – Fire 🔥🜂 – Wands |
🌕 I will not be blinded by worry – Water 🌊🜄- Cups 🍶
🌕 I will feel grateful – Earth💎🜃 – Pentacles ✪
🌕 I will do my work honestly – Air🌪🜁 – Swords ⚔
🌕 I will be kind to every living thing – Spirit ☥∞ – Majors 💀
In knowing these, when I do a Tarot spread I can be mindful of where I may need to strengthen a Reiki principle in my life in relation to the question. It might even tell me that I’m doing better than I think I am! Some examples:
- If I’m getting a lot of wands maybe instead of stewing in anger or blindly acting out in anger I need to work on setting a boundary and choosing to transform that anger into a drive to make things better, transmuting it to purpose and hope.
- Or perhaps I am getting a lot of cups as an indicator that perhaps I need to transmute worry into faith hope and trust.
- Maybe with pentacles I need to remember to enjoy what I do have, to feel and be grateful for that.
- With swords maybe I need to notice what justifications I am making in making choices for someone instead of empowering them, or being dishonest with myself about myself.
- And with spirit, I need to always remember who I am and who I want to be and to allow all things to exist, honoring transformations. All the stories must be told. A tree can only grow so fast even in the most ideal conditions.
Here are two actual spreads and reading examples.
1. A quick one-card reading, “What do I need to keep in mind today?”
I pull Queen of Swords.
Swords is what I call the “cutting through the BS” suit. It’s also about transformation, thoughts, reasoning, truth, and ethical logical behavior. The Queen of Swords is a logical person who gets things done, and is meticulous, but can be quite stern. This card could be reminding me that part of doing my work honestly is stay true to my personal code of ethics and not let others pressure me into doing something that’s a bit underhanded. So I could say, Ah, swords, a reminder to do my work honestly, and to be sure that I see things clearly and logically.
2. Here is a spread for Body Mind and Spirit. How are things going to look today for my Body Mind and Spirit?
5 of Pentacles, ah, pentacles, I need to remember to feel grateful for what I do have. My physical self will need some tender loving care because its gonna feel impoverished about something, maybe from lack sleep, or sleeping wrong, or over exercising, etc. Now I am prepared, I can talk softly and kindly to my body and remember to be grateful and feel grateful for my body as it is, no judgments attached.
Wheel of Fortune, ah, major arcana card, spirit, I will be kind to every living thing, including myself. Wheel of Fortune, okay, the rolling-with-the-punches this-too-shall-pass card. I need a “I got this kind” of attitude and help from my guides to make things run more smoothing. Just roll with it. In this way my mind will be sharp and accepting; thus able to feel kindness no matter what’s going on.
10 of Cups. Spiritually, I’m rocking it! All is well and wonderful! Look at that rainbow of 10 of cups. So much joy and hope right now! I don’t even have to worry about being worried. Just for today I will not be blinded by worry will be EASY, like it’s not even there at all! Awesome.
All three taken together we have, in short: gratitude of body, kindness of mind, easily worry-free of spirit, no matter what’s going on during this challenging day; simply rolling with it all in good humor – calm of heart, and clear of mind.
I hope you find this helpful. If you have questions I’m here for you!
The divine in me sees the divine in you.
Free eBook download: We’ve created an eBook with
our best articles on this topic, and offer it for free to all our newsletter subscribers.
Ruth Renate “Lady of Radiant Joy” Davidson is a Reiki Master/Teacher who combines Reiki with other body-work, earth-based energy healing practices, and meditation. She loves working with her Divine Team and helping people connect with their Divine Team, including spirit animal guides. She teaches Tarot Energy Healing.
You can also connect with her on Instagram @ladyofradiantjoy and on her website www.ladyofradiantjoy.org. Ruth’s soul vow is: “I Accept All Things for the Preservation, Healing, and Growing, of LOVE.”